To have your Business Services, Job Opportunities, Items for sale, and Public / Legal Notices published – send an email to: email@example.com. Possible costs are dependent on content.
Jackson Council on Aging – Applications are being accepted for a Transportation & Meal Driver to work 5 hours a day Monday – Friday. Must have valid driver’s license, good work ethics with Senior Citizens, and have the knowledge to do paperwork involved in job duties. Applications will be received at the Robert Riddle Senior Center, located at 120 Polk Avenue in Jonesboro from 8:00am – 3:00pm on Monday-Thursday and 8:00 am – 1:00 pm on Friday. For more information call (318)259-8962.
Jackson Parish Journal – Does making money while meeting new people and greeting old friends sound appealing? If so, you may be perfect for opening of Account Executive position selling advertising for the JPJ. If interested call (318) 480-1206 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jackson Parish Police Jury is hiring for the following open position. Please submit all applications to: Jackson Parish Police Jury Administrative Building, 160 Industrial Drive, Jonesboro, LA 71251. Applications will be received until 4:30 pm on Friday, August 11, 2023. To request a detailed job description, please contact our office at (318) 259-2361 or by email: email@example.com.
POSITION: General Laborer
DEPARTMENT: Jackson Parish Road Department
Under close supervision, the Road Department General Laborer performs unskilled manual labor, operation of light equipment requiring no special training or experience, and performs related work as required by the supervisor. Laborers in this position class are also responsible for the operation of a variety of construction and maintenance equipment and for performing manual labor activities as needed and/or required by the Road Department.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
• Class E Driver’s License; progression towards a CDL license a plus.
• Three (3) months of experience in the operation of equipment listed above preferred, but not required.
• Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds frequently.
• Ability to work safely in all weather conditions, including adverse conditions.
• Can understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Able to work in elevated areas, confined spaces, and on and off ladders.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• The General Laborer is responsible for performing industrial and safety housekeeping of assigned areas following the instructions from their Supervisor.
• Operates Police Jury-owned vehicles, such as pick-up trucks, backhoe, street sweeper, dump trucks, farm–type tractors, bush hog cutters, boom mowers, etc. as required.
• Operates hand and power tools and equipment, such as mowers, chain saws, air compressor, small compaction equipment, etc. as required.
• Mows grass and rights of ways with hand power equipment.
• Uses hand tools to load and unload sand, dirt, gravel, and hot and cold mix asphalt.
• Repairs pot holes.
• Required to inspect and repair equipment as directed by department procedures, as well as be able to make repairs to parish roads, curbs and sidewalks.
• Performs road and ditch maintenance and associated work.
• Cleans culverts and other drainage structures including placing rip rap and filter cloth.
• Sweeps streets, shop, and sidewalks; cleans up debris and materials from roads, bridges, and culverts.
• Flags traffic when needed.
• Manually moves and transports equipment, materials, etc.
• Loads and unloads materials from trucks including debris, sand, dirt, gravel, etc.
• Cleans trucks, replaces blades, and other maintenance of equipment as needed.
• Performs building maintenance, cleaning offices, restrooms, and shop as needed.
• Assists operators, truck drivers, mechanics etc. with specific projects as requested.
• Performs a variety of other heavy manual work in connection with the maintenance of streets, bridges, and drainage of parish roads.
• Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
• Follows safety procedures and practices as required, as well as wearing required safety equipment.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Detailed Job Description available upon request.
Jackson Parish Watershed District
Minutes for Meeting Held July 20, 2023
Notice Posted: July 10, 2023 @ 9:00 AM
Meeting Date: July 18, 2023, TIME: 5:30
PLACE OF MEETING: The Sunshine Room 160 Industrial Dr., Jonesboro, LA 71251
Roll Call: T. Gunter, K. Spangler, C. Weeks, Y. Washington, D. Barlow
Invocation and Pledge: T. Gunter gave the invocation with D. Barlow leading the pledge.
Public Comments / Recognition of Guests:
Approval of Minutes of the May 2023 meeting: Motion made by Y. Washington second by D. Barlow to approve the minutes as presented. All in favor, Yea.
Approval of the May 2023 Financials and Pay Bills: Motion made by T. Gunter second by K. Spangler to approve the financials as presented. All in favor, Yea.
Review Old Business:
a. Civil Rights Trail- complete success
b. Art contest- Has been judged- reception tentatively set for September.
c. Promotional items- Motion made by T. Gunter second by Y. Washington for up to but not exceeding 200.00. All in favor. Yea.
d. Fishing Pier-ribbon cutting in a few weeks pending Fire Marshal inspection.
e. Christmas Ad- Motion made by D. Barlow second by Y. Washington to use 2,500 Grant Money to promote
Discuss New Business:
Adjournment – 6:30 – Motion by T. Gunter second by D. Barlow to adjourn the meeting. Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, August 8, 2023, at 5:30PM
SPECIALIZED LOAN SERVICING LLC
ERIC MICHAEL MOORE
PARISH OF JACKSON
STATE OF LOUISIANA
By virtue of a Writ of Seizure and Sale issued out of the Honorable Second Judicial District Court, Parish of Jackson, State of Louisiana, and to me directed, I have seized and taken into my possession and will offer for sale for cash at the principal front door of the Courthouse, Jonesboro, Louisiana, on Wednesday, the 2nd day of AUGUST, 2023. Between the hours governing judicial sales, the following property to wit:
BEGINNING AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF SE 1/4 OF NE 1/4, SECTION 10, TOWNSHIP 15 NORTH, RANGE 4 WEST, AND RUN SOUTH TO SOUTH LINE OF THE HODGE-ARCADIA HIGHWAY FOR A STARTING POINT, SAID POINT BEING 30 FEET PERPENDICULAR FROM THE CENTER OF SAID HIGHWAY; THENCE RUN SOUTH 208.7 FEET; THENCE RUN SOUTH 60 DEGREES EAST 211 FEET; THENCE RUN NORTH 29 DEGREES EAST 208.7 FEET; THENCE RUN NORTH 61 DEGREES WEST, ALONG AND PARALLEL TO SOUTH LINE OF SAID HIGHWAY, A DISTANCE OF 313 FEET TO THE STARTING POINT, TOGETHER WITH ALL IMPROVEMENTS AND APPURTENANCES THEREUNTO BELONGING, ALL LOCATED AND SITUATED IN JACKSON PARISH, LOUISIANA; SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS, SERVITUDES, RIGHTS OF-WAY AND OUTSTANDING MINERAL RIGHTS OF RECORD AFFECTING THE PROPERTY.
Seized as the property of the above named defendant and will be sold to satisfy said Writ and all cost, sale to be made for cash with WITH the benefit of appraisal.
ANDY BROWN, SHERIFF
U.S.BANK TRUST NATIONAL ASSOCIATION, AS TRUSTEE OF LB-TIKI SERIES V TRUST
GERALD ALAN WATTS, in his capacity As Administrator for the ESTATE OF RUTH WATTS
PARISH OF JACKSON
STATE OF LOUISIANA
By virtue of a Writ of Seizure and Sale issued out of the Honorable Second Judicial District Court, Parish of Jackson, State of Louisiana, and to me directed, I have seized and taken into my possession and will offer for sale for cash at the principal front door of the Courthouse, Jonesboro, Louisiana, on Wednesday, the 9th day of August, 2023, Between the hours governing judicial sales, the following property to wit:
BEGINNING AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE NE 1/4 OF SW 1/4, SECTION 3, TOWNSHIP 15 NORTH, RANGE 1 WEST AND RUN NORTH TO THE NORTH RIGHT OF WAY LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY N04 TO A DISTANCE OF 66 FEET, THENCE SOUTH 80 DEGREES 00 MINUTES WEST ALONG THE NORTH RIGHT OF WAY LINE OF SAID HIGHWAY FOR A DISTANCE OF 871 FEET FOR STARTING POINT, FROM STARTING POINT RUN NORTH FOR A DISTANCE OF 163 FEET, THENCE EAST FOR A DISTANCE OF 246 FEET TO THE RIGHT OF WAY OF INTERSECTION OF CHATHAM-JONESBORO ROAD WITH CHATHAM-RUSTON ROAD THENCE AROUND SAID RIGHT OF WAY LINE TO STARTING POINT A DISTANCE OF 323 FEET ALL IN THE SW 1/4 SECTION 3, TOWNSHIP 15 NORTH, RANGE 1 WEST AND BEING ALL SITUATED IN JACKSON PARISH, LOUISIANA, TOGETHER WITH ALL IMPROVEMENTS AND APPURTENANCES THEREUNTO BELONGING.
Seized as the property of the above named defendant and will be sold to satisfy said Writ and all cost, sale to be made for cash WITHOUT the benefit of appraisal.
ANDY BROWN, SHERIFF
Affidavit of Succession and Certificate of Service