An ordinance that would amend the Jonesboro Flood Protection Code (JFPC) and another that will adjust the 2020-2021 budget for the Town of Jonesboro highlights the May 12th Jonesboro Board of Aldermen tele-conference meeting agenda.
Ordinance 2020-001 will ask Aldermen Nia Evans-Johnson, Devin Flowers, James Ginn, Robbie Siadek and Pete Stringer to incorporate modifications of the JFPC and the Flood Insurance Study (FIS) in order to comply with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) notice dated February 19, 2020. The second ordinance, #2020-002 would adjust the town budget for 2020-2021 based on estimated receipts and expenditures for the Town of Jonesboro for the same period of time.
Additional items to be discussed and voted on are:
1. Approval to accept bids for surplus items
2. Approval to accept bids for fuel
3. Approval of a task order between the Town of Jonesboro and Denmon Engineering
4. Approval of resolution #2020-022 regarding Denmon Engineering
5. Approval of department head reports (Fire, Police, Public Works)
6. Approval of termination and new hires for Police Department
7. Approval of April minutes and bills to be paid
The meeting will conclude with comments from each Council member and Mayor Leslie Thompson.