At the regularly scheduled monthly meeting of the Jackson Parish School Board (JPSB) held on April 12th, Mary Saulters, Gloria Davis, Wade McBride, Rickey McBride, Gerry Mims and Calvin Waggoner authorized Board President, Dennis Clary, to sign a Form of Agreement was entered into with Riley Company of Louisiana Inc. for technical services associated with the Quitman and Weston School Parking Lot Addition project.
The meeting started with Terrance Blankenship being recognized as 2020-21 PCAL Jackson Parish and Regional Bus Driver of the Year followed by the 2021-22 School Calendar being approved and Ms. Davis reporting on the Executive Finance Committee meeting held prior. Approval to pay standard General Fund, Federal Program, Food Service, Sales Tax, Special Education and District Maintenance bills was then authorized followed by payments on the specific items listed below:
(1) $5,000.00 to SoftskillHigh for site licenses for JHHS and Weston High School to be paid from Career & Technical 6% Minimum Foundation Allocation
(2) $8,956.16 to Teachers Pet-Office Center for 32 Computer Workstation Desks for Quitman High Business Computer Lab to be paid from QHS Local Vocational Account ($6,271.56) and JPSB Career Development Funds ($2,684.60)
(3) $21,171.98 to 3B Outdoor Equipment for two (2) Exmark Lazer Z, S-Series, 26.5 HP Lawnmowers to be paid from Parish Wide District Funds
(4) – $7,050.00 to Louisiana Delta Community College for Spring Dual Enrollment Tuition to be paid from Supplemental Course Allocation Funds.
(4) – $7,500.00 to University of Louisiana-Monroe for Spring Dual Enrollment Tuition to be paid from Supplemental Course Allocation Funds.
(5) $17,937.11 to SHI for renewal of Microsoft License to be paid from the General Fund.
(6) $25,677.26 to Frontline Education for the implementation of Human Resources Capital Management to recruit and hire online, to be paid from ESSER II-pending LDOE approval or 2021-2022 General Fund. There will be an annual recurring fee of $13, 281.75.
In addition the Board agreed to accept the Jackson Parish School Board 2021 Redistricting Proposal submitted by North Delta Regional Planning & Development District at a cost not to exceed $15,000.00. Cost are allocated by Tasks in the Scope of Services with a 10 percent built in contingency fee, to be paid from General Fund. The 2020-2021 Summer Enrichment program, to be paid from ESSER III, pending LDOE approval was also agreed upon as well as the acceptance of $70,559.00 provided by a 2021 LPSC Public Entity Energy Efficiency Grant in the amount of $70,559.00 for lighting improvements at Quitman High School.
In regard to personnel, a one-time additional compensation of $1,500.00 for Certified, $750.00 for Non-Certified Employees, $375.00 for Part Time employees was voted on with Rickey McBride abstaining. This compensation is for staff that worked in-person to prepare, prevent and respond to the 2020 Covid crisis, to be paid from ESSER I funds, pending LDOE approval. No action on adding a temporary position of Asst. Bus Mechanic on an hourly basis.
The low quote of $39,688.00 from Mechanical Systems and Service, LLC for labor and materials regarding the Quitman High gas piping project and $6,230.00 from Dubach Air and Heat to purchase a Trane-4 ton, self contained gas package unit with a one year labor warranty for QHS room #9 was accepted. Both are to be paid from Quitman District Funds.
Out of state travel for Mattie Claire Beaubouef and Dillon Pardue, Weston High School and Zoie Anderson, Jonesboro Hodge High School to attend National Beta Convention, Orlando, Florida, June 25-28, 2021 was then approved. Students will fund their travel expenses for this trip.
In final action it was agreed to purchase two (2) Type C – 77 Passenger Blue Bird Vision buses from Ross Bus Sales, not to exceed $200,000.00, to be paid from 2021-2022 General Fund and to declare a pair of International buses as surplus and selling to Ross Bus and Equipment Sales.