Sometimes it is just not the right time. The Finance Committee of the Jackson Parish Jury (JPPJ) was supposed to discuss recommendations to bring to the table to the full board this past Thursday, May 20th. As result of only Chairman, Tarneshala Cowans and Secretary/Treasurer, Gina Thomas present, no action took place as a legal quorum could not be established. Committee members, Amy Magee and John McCarty were unable to attend.
Agenda items that were to be discussed included:
1. Review month-to-date budget vs. actual, POs, budget amendments, and fund reviews
2. Discuss and recommend action on Library budget amendments
3. Review 2021 Millage Assessments
4. Discuss and recommend action on Enterprise Fleet Management proposal
5. Discuss and recommend action on request from Pinebelt for Summer Program funding
6. Discuss and recommend action on request for Courtroom audio system replacement
The date and time for the next Finance Committee was set for Tuesday, June 22nd at 12:00 PM. Minutes of the meeting can be found in the Public Notices section.
The Jackson Parish Police Jury (JPPJ) Project and Operations Committee’s are scheduled to meet this Tuesday, May 25th at the Sunshine Room of the JPPJ Administration Building located at 160 Industrial Drive in Jonesboro. The sessions begin with the Project Committee meeting at 4:30pm followed by the Operation’s Committee fifteen minutes later.
Agenda items slated for the Project Committee consisting of Lewis Chatham (Chairman), Todd Culpepper and Amy Magee are:
1. Presentation: Dude Solutions via Zoom Meeting
2. Discuss and recommend action on Dude Solutions program
3. Discuss and recommend action, if necessary, on mapping services and reapportionment from 2020 census results
4. Discuss and recommend action, if necessary, on project to cover the Veteran’s Memorial Park stage
No details were provided on the Operations Committee meeting. Members include: Amy Magee (Chairman), Lewis Chatham and John McCarty