A light agenda awaits the members of the Jackson Parish School Board at their regularly scheduled July meeting that will be held on Monday, July 11th in the meeting room of the Jackson Parish School Board Central Office. The meeting is set for 11:00 am. Preceding the full board session will be meetings of the Building/Grounds and Executive/Finance Committee meetings slated to begin at 10:30am.
During the session board members Gerry Mims, Rickey McBride, Wade McBride, Dennis Clary (President), Gloria Davis, Mary “Mae” Saulters and Calvin “Bart” Waggoner will consider awarding several bids, hiring an Art and Music Teacher, approving the Contract of Employment for Professional Appointment, decide on a produce supplier and act on the various committee recommendations shown below.
Building and Grounds Committee
Recommendation to accept the following bids:
1. $124,840.00 from Bannister Energy Service for labor, materials and equipment to install generator for freezers at all parish schools and the Central Office
2. $33,249.57 from Hot 2 Cold Heating, A/C and Electrical LLC to furnish and install six (6) Trane Gas Pack rooftop units at the Quitman High School Elementary Building
3. $18,708.97 from Hot 2 Cold Heating, A/C and Electrical LLC to furnish and install two (2) Trane Heatpump Rooftop Units at the JHHS cafeteria.
4. $15,725.00 from Albritton Service Company to furnish and install three (3) rooftop units at Weston High School for the Elementary building and Office area.
Executive / Finance Committee
1. Pay monthly obligations of the General Fund, Federal Program, Food Service, Sales Tax, Special Education and District Maintenance bills
2. Consider to grant Superintendent Claxton permission to sign four (4) year agreement with Unit Fiber LLC to provide phone service for Central Office, Student Center, Bus barn and all schools.
3. Declare as surplus – One Waskcom W64500 Washer-Extractor at JHHS.
4. Pay $13,100.00 to LA Delta Community College for summer 2021 Dual Enrollment tuition.
5. Pay $5,405.00 to Louisiana Dept. of Education for 2020-21 ACT/Workkeys.
6. Pay $24,244.00 to Charlie Edwards Company for one year of unlimited data per unit
7. Accept low quote of $12,300.53 from Staples for instructional supplies at Weston High School.
8. Accept low quote of $20,053.13 from Staples for instructional supplies at Quitman High School.
9. Pay $1,000.00 stipend per year for five (5) Mentor Teachers to work with LA Tech full year residents during the 2021-22 school year.
10. Accept low quote of $5,357.50 from Gabbart Communications for District and Campus Websites
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE