The Jackson Parish School Board will hold session at 11:00am on Monday, October 4th. The regularly scheduled meeting by board members Gerry Mims, Ricky McBride, Wade McBride, Gloria Davis, Dennis Clary, Mary Saulters and Calvin “Bart” Waggoner will be held in the meeting room of the JPSB Central Office, located at 315 Pershing Highway in Jonesboro.
The meeting will follow sessions beginning at 10:30am of the Building and Grounds, Transportation and Executive Finance Committee’s which show the following on their agendas.
Building and Grounds Committee:
1. Discussion of Chatham High School property
1. Consider approving out of state travel to UCA Magnolia Cheerleading Championship in Jackson, Ms., on Sunday, December 5, 2021 for Quitman High School cheerleaders. The parents will be responsible for the expenses and will provide transportation.
2. Consider payment of $306,349.62 to Ross Bus & Equipment Sales for three Blue Bird Vision, V-8 busses, two (2) 71 Passenger and one (1) 77 passenger, to be paid from ESSERS III (pending LDOE approval).
Executive Finance Committee:
1. Consider payment of General Fund bills. ($3,183,506.20)
2. Consider payment of Federal Program bills. ($234,590.19)
3. Consider payment of Food Service bills. ($125,624.21)
4. Consider payment of Sales Tax bills. ($847,495.84)
5. Consider payment of Special Education Fund bills. ($54,112.37)
6. Consider payment of District Maintenance. ($247,839.62)
7. Consider declaring as surplus the following items to be recycled, sold or auctioned:
2013 School Bus #58 – IBAKGCPH9DF291578
2002 School Bus – 1HVBRABM42A918717
2001 School Bus – 1HVBBABM91H340530
8. Consider approving Coaching Stipends.
9. Consider approving stipends and benefits for staff to provide after school tutoring in all Jackson Parish Schools for up to eight hours per week and to provide Saturday tutoring and ACT workshops for up to 12 hours per month. Employees are to be paid at a rate of $30.00 per hour for certified staff and $15.00 per hour for support staff. Additionally, bus drivers will be paid $70.00 for Saturdays and $17.70 per hour for afterschool tutoring. Tutoring is to be provided up to nine months per school year. All components of salary and benfits to be paid from ESSER III (pending LDOE approval) not to exceed $75,000.00 in salaries and benefits per year for three years.
10.Consider approving low quote of $14,688.52 from East Bay Restaurant Supply, Inc. for five commercial milk coolers to be placed at Jonesboro Hodge High School, Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School, Quitman High School and Weston High School, to be paid from School Food
11.Consider approving payment to OWL (Outdoor Wilderness Learning) Equine Center in the amount of $16,500.00 for therapeutic riding sessions for student with disabilities at a cost of $8,250.00 for the fall session and $8,250.00 for the spring session, to be paid from IDEA funds.
12.Consider approving payment to OWL (Outdoor Wilderness Learning) Equine Center in the amount of $47,250.00 to provide SEL (Social Emotional Learning) strategies to designated students in K-5 at Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School, Weston High School and Quitman High School, to be paid from IDEA funds.
13.Consider paying stipends of $30.00 an hour to certified staff to attend professional development activities outside of regular school hours (not to exceed $50,000.00 stipend pay and $17,000.00 benefits), to be paid from ESSERS III funds (pending LDOE approval).
14.Consider purchasing the eD2i Data Package – Testing Data Software Package at a cost of $19,250.00 and the D2i professional development at a cost of $9,980.00 for a total of $29,230.00, to be paid out of ESSERS III monies (pending LDOE approval).
15.Consider hiring a Student Support Coordinator for three years to be paid out of ESSERS III monies (pending LDOE approval). This will be funded only for the duration of the grant.
16.Consider hiring 15 Paraprofessionals (5 for Quitman High School, 5 for Weston High School, 3 for Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School, 2 for Jonesboro Hodge Middle School) to target K-2, 4th and 8th grade for three years to be paid out of ESSERS III monies (pending LDOE approval). This will be funded only for the duration of the grant.
17.Consider purchasing Career Compass for Grades 6-12 at Quitman High School, Weston High School, Jonesboro Hodge High School and Jonesboro Hodge Middle School at a cost of $24,000.00 to be paid out of ESSERS III monies (pending LDOE approval).
18.Consider approving Tuition Reimbursement for staff attending college or enrolled in the ITeach program for certification purposes not to exceed $2,500.00 per semester per person for a total of $7,500.00 per year to be paid out of ESSERS III monies (pending LDOE approval).
19.Presentation of Monthly Financial Report by Kristi Bass, Business Manager.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE