Minor fire extinguished at Jackson Parish School Board Office

A minor fire produced a major scare this past Friday morning at the Jackson Parish School Board Central Office in Jonesboro as result of a short in an electrical line in the roof. According to a report given by Jonesboro Fire Chief Brandon Brown at the scene the Jonesboro Fire Department was called out after a small column of smoke was seen lifting from the roof next to the front entrance of the building.

“We received a call from the Jackson Parish Sheriff’s Office of a fire at the School Board Office to which we immediately responded to,” said Brown. “Upon arriving we were quickly able to locate the origin of the fire which appears to be caused by an electrical problem.”

School Superintendent David Claxton was appreciative of the fast response to the problem.

“I am very thankful to the Fire Department for their fast response and their skill getting the situation resolved as quickly as they did,” said Claxton. “Thanks to them we suffered only minor damage to the roof and avoided what could have been a major problem.”


To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.