In case you haven’t noticed the Jackson Parish Tourism Board (JPTB) has been very busy over the past year. If you live in Jackson Parish or visit it regularly it would be hard not to though. The promotion of Jackson Parish has never been more pronounced thanks to the work of board members DeNeise Barlow, Tammy Gunter, Kelly Spangler, Yumekia Washington, Christie Weeks and Catherine Bowden.
Highlighting the sponsored activities was the recent Major League Fishing Pro Bass Tour tournament knockout round held on Caney Lake on February 9th. The event brought worldwide publicity and an incredible number of favorable comments that virtually ensured that the “Jewel of the Piney Woods” would be a regular on the MLF tour for years to come.
Some additional Tourism Board activity and events included:
(1) Ad placed in Louisiana Sportsman magazine regarding Caney Lake and MLF.
(2) Successful development of a rack card which will be placed in tourism outlets throughout the state and will be included on Louisiana Travel Association’s digital brochure.
(3) Development of a logo that features our fishing, hunting, and forests. (See banner above)
(4) Purchased promotional items that highlight our logo and visitation to Jackson Parish.
(5) Managed the Visit Jackson Parish Facebook page that promotes events in Jackson Parish.
(6) Hosted a music event in October that featured local talent, Hank Staples and his group.
Upcoming events that will be taking place in the next few months
(1) Tour bus coming in April to visit the Jackson Parish Museum and Jimmie Davis Tabernacle.
(2) Working with Northeast Louisiana Music Trail to include recognizing Jimmie Davis.
(3) State gathering in Jackson Parish of the Louisiana Dutch Oven Society in May.
(4) Third annual Jackson Parish Student art contest
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE