On Thursday, March 24, 2022, New Hope St. Clair Water System issued a boil advisory for Jackson Parish. The reason for the boil advisory is due to recent power failure.
What to Do During a Boil Water Advisory
• Let the clean storage container sit at least 30 seconds, and then pour the solution out of the container.
• Let empty container air dry OR rinse it with clean water that has already been made safe, if available. Never mix bleach with ammonia or other cleaners. Open windows and doors to get fresh air when you use bleach.
Boil tap water even if it is filtered. Most kitchen and other household water filters typically do not remove bacteria or viruses.
Preparing and cooking food
• Wash all fruits and vegetables with boiled water that has cooled or bottled water.
• Bring water to a rolling boil for 1 minute before adding food to cook.
• Use boiled water when preparing drinks, such as coffee, tea, and lemonade
• Wash food preparation surfaces with boiled water.
• Do not use ice from ice trays, ice dispensers, or ice makers.
• Throw out all ice made with tap water.
• Make new ice with boiled or bottled water.
Bathing and showering
Be careful not to swallow any water when bathing or showering.
Use caution when bathing babies and young children. Consider giving them a sponge bath to reduce the chance of them swallowing water.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE