And on the 6th day of July, the Jackson Parish School Board said “let there be light” on the baseball and softball fields at Quitman High School. Pardon the “toungue-in-cheek” analogy to the biblical quote found in Genesis but if the board agrees to accept the $60,240.00 and $95,000.00 bids from Bannister Energy Solutions that is exactly what will be scheduled to be done.
The action will be two of several bids, quotes, puchases and payments that is to be considered at the regularly scheduled monthly meeting of the JPSB that will be held at 11:00am on Wednesday. In addition to the possible adoption of recommendations made by the Building and Grounds, Executive/Finance and Transportation Committees, language on a prior accepted motion is to be amended.
Jackson Parish School Board Meeting Agenda
July 6, 2022
1. Invocation – Mary Saulters
2. Pledge of Allegiance – Gerry Mims
3. Call to Order
4. Consider approving the minutes as presented from the Regular Scheduled meeting held on
June 6, 2022.
5. Consider approving the minutes as presented from the Special Called meeting held on June
6. Consider amending the motion from the June 6, 2022 meeting to state Licensed Counselor or
Original Motion: “A motion was made by Wade McBride, seconded by Dennis Clary and carried to hire a Social Worker for Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School. The job will begin in 2022-2023 school year and end when the grant funding ends. This position will be a year to year job.”
7. Consider naming Robertson Produce as the supplier of Produce and Eggs for the 2022-2023 school year.
8. Consider adopting items per the Committee Reports attached hereto.
9. Superintendent’s Comments
Executive/Finance Committee Recommendations
1. Consider payment of General Fund bills.
2. Consider payment of Federal Program bills.
3. Consider payment of Food Service bills.
4. Consider payment of Sales Tax bills.
5. Consider payment of Special Education Fund bills.
6. Consider payment of District Maintenance bills.
7. Consider accepting low quote of $88,355.00 from Associated Food Equipment & Supplies to purchase five (5) double stacked natural gas convection ovens for all five (5) schools, to be paid from School Service funds.
8. Consider payment of $20,500.00 to Software and Services for the renewal of the GFA Software Support for the 2022-2023 school year, to be paid from General Fund.
9. Consider payment to New Directions in the amount of $60,000.00 for educational consultation, training and professional development for UIR/CIR schools, to be paid from the 22-23 Redesign funds.
10. Consider approving payment of $5,544.00 to Lindamood-Bell for Professional Development for three (3) Speech Therapists, to be paid from IDEA611 funds.
11. Consider approving the revised Salary Schedules as of July 6, 2022.
Transportation Committee Recommendations
1. Consider approving out of state travel to Nashville, Tenn., June 27-30, 2022 for Megan Walker, Kari Beth Gates, Abram Toms and Benjamin Ramsey to attend Jr. Beta National Convention. Parents and school will be responsible for expenses.
Building and Grounds Committee Recommendations
1. Consider accepting low quote of $19,650.00 from MRM Construction for materials and labor to repair 620’ of overhang and roof at Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, to be paid out of Jonesboro District funds.
2. Consider accepting low quote of $96,370.00 from Insight, Inc. to purchase and install 720 Hussey Fusion Riser mounted chair back seats at Jonesboro Hodge High School gym, to be paid from Jonesboro District funds.
3. Consider declaring as surplus the chair back seats in the Jonesboro Hodge High School Boys gym and allow MRM Construction to remove them free of charge in exchange for the chairs.
4. Consider accepting low quote of $14,500.00 from MRM Construction for material and labor to repair the Jonesboro Hodge High School Boys locker room and locker removal, to be paid from Jonesboro District Funds.
5. Consider accepting low quote of $60,240.00 from Bannister Energy Solutions for material, labor and equipment for softball field lighting at Quitman High School, to be paid from Quitman District funds.
6. Consider accepting low quote of $95,000.00 from Bannister Energy Solutions for material, labor and equipment for baseball field lighting at Quitman High School, to be paid from Quitman District funds.
7. Discussion on AC and Heating Service plan
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE