The Jackson Parish Police Jury has called for a special meeting on Wednesday, February 22nd, as their normal meeting time of the third Tuesday of each month was unavailable due to the inability to release the agenda schedule on Monday as it was a federal holiday. The special session will take place at 5:30pm at the Charles H. Garrett Community Center located at 182 Industrial Drive in Jonesboro.
Jackson Parish Police Jury Meeting Agenda
Call to Order
Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance
1. Adopt the minutes of the January 17, 2023, and January 24, 2023, Jury Meetings, monthly purchase orders, and the payment of all bills
Approve Committee Reports:
2. Adopt the minutes of the February 16, 2023, Finance Committee meeting.
3. Consider and act on increasing the budget to $300,000 for asphalt in the Road Maintenance Program.
4. Adopt the minutes of the February 17, 2023, Personnel Committee meeting
5. Consider and act on hiring a Mechanic 1 with Class A CDL in the Road Department.
6. Consider and act on announcing the upcoming vacancy of the Road Superintendent’s position.
7. Consider and act on changing the vacant Solid Waste Laborer to Operator 1.
Buildings & Grounds Committee
8. Adopt the minutes of the February 9, 2023, Buildings & Grounds Committee meeting
9. Consider and act on approving the Maintenance Dept. to receive quotes for a new roof for the Cooper Street Building and associated repairs.
10. Operations Manager Report – Mr. Brad Roller
11. Road Superintendent Report – Mr. Jody Stuckey
a. Accept the Emergency/Off-Schedule Report
12. Solid Waste Superintendent Report – Mr. Robin Sessions
13. Financial Report – (report includes budget to actual comparisons for all funds)
14. Consider and act on Parish Board Appointments.
15. Ratify action of an increase in Solid Waste tipping fees taken at January 24, 2023, Special Called Police Jury Meeting.
16. Discuss and approve waiver for travel for Mr. Brad Roller and Mr. Robin Sessions.
17. Consider and approve increase in cost of engraved brick at Veterans Memorial Park from $30.00 to $40.00.
18. Consider and act on hiring Folden & Associates for bank reconciliations at the price of $125.00 per hour.
19. Consider and approve resolution to add Brad Roller to the Louisiana Watershed Initiative Steering Committee.
Announcements & Notifications
20. Announcement: 2023 Liquor Applications.