They may not be ready for games by the time the season ends but the baseball field at Weston High and the home of JHHS softball is receiving upgrades thanks to action taken by the Jackson Parish School Board on Monday.
Board members accepted the low quote of $18,493.07 from BSN Sports for 3 sets of bleachers and 2 player benches at Weston High School baseball field, to be paid from Weston District funds.
The also accepted the low quote of $24,200.00 from Dodson Enterprises, Inc. for labor and material to remove and rebuild dugouts for Jonesboro Hodge High
School softball dugouts, to be paid from Jonesboro District funds. In a corresponding move the low quote of $11,840.00 from DG&E Logging and Chipping
for 330 yards of topsoil for Jonesboro Hodge Softball field to be paid from
Jonesboro District funds was approved.
Additional moves made included:
(1) Accept low quote of $17,000.00 from Southern Roofing & Vinyl Siding, LLC for material and labor to replace roofing on the Jonesboro Hodge High School Powerhouse, to be paid from Jonesboro District funds.
(2) Accept low quote of $27,445.00 from Dodson Enterprises, Inc. for labor and materials for Portable Building Deck/Ramp at Weston High School, to be paid from ESSER II.
(3) Pay $17,937.11 to SHI for the annual renewal of the
Microsoft Campus license, to be paid from the General fund.
(4) Payment of General Fund, Federal Program, Food Service, Sales Tax, Special Education Fund and District Maintenance Bills
(5) Pay $23,050.00 to White Rock Cybersecurity for the three (3) year renewal of the ESET antivirus, to be paid from the General fund.
(6) Accept low quote of $11,835.80 from Staples for office supplies at Student Service Center, to be paid from IDEA funds.
(7) Accept low quote of $30,479.00 from Guitar Center for Band Equipment at Jonesboro Hodge High School, to be paid from Jonesboro District funds.
(8) Accept quote of $22,500.00 from New Directions to provide coaching for regular classroom teachers to meet the needs of students with disabilities at Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School, to be paid from IDEA 619 ARP funds.
In final action the JDE – Expulsion and JDD – Suspension Policies were revised. Prior to the regularly scheduled meeting a special session was held where an update on ESSER funds was provided.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE