To have published your Business Services, Job Opportunities, Items for sale, Advertisements for Bids, Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotes, Public Notices, and Legal Notices – send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Possible costs are dependent on content.
Stump Removal and Grinding: Call James Stewart at (318) 243-1009 or (318) 768-2554 for your stump removal and grinding needs. Free Estimates!
Jackson Parish Ambulance Service District – Full time Paramedic Supervisor, Paramedic and EMT positions available. For more information call JPASD Director Aaron Johnson at 318-259-2877.
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or sent by regular mail to: JPASD, attn: Aaron Johnson, 115 Watts St., Jonesboro, LA 71251
Jackson Parish Police Jury – Openings for an Operator 1 position at the Solid Waste Department and a Mechanic 1 position at the Road Department. Applications can be found on the Jackson Parish Police Jury Website, or by visiting the Administration Department at 160 Industrial Drive, Jonesboro, LA 71251. Applications will be accepted through March 24, 2023. (For description of jobs see below in Public Notices)
Globe Life Insurance – Sales position available for motivated self starter to represent the Family Heritage Division that offers supplemental Life, Cancer, Heart, Stroke, ICU and Accident policies. To learn more contact Regional Director, Jamie Antley, at 318-488-1218 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Book – “100-year history of JHHS football” Comprehensive year-by-year description of the first 100 years (1919-2019) of JHHS football. Includes categorial individual and team top ten rankings. Perfect gift for that family member or friend who would enjoy remembering their “glory days”. The cost is $25.00 per book plus $3.00 for shipping and handling. To order call (318) 480-1206.
Commemorative Plates – Beautifully etched china plates commemorating Jonesboro-Hodge High School and Jackson Parish. To order contact Wilda Smith at (318) 426-6511.
REQUEST FOR BIDS: The Jackson Parish Recreation District is looking for a vendor to run the concession stand for the upcoming baseball season. If you want to submit a proposal or have questions, contact Tommy Smith at 318-737-8493.
Veteran’s Affairs Office Open: The Veteran’s Affairs Office, located at 322 6th Street in Jonesboro, is open on Tuesday and Wednesday each week from 9:30a.m. – 3:00p.m. Representative, Mr. Gary Poole, can be reached at 318-259-2100 or by email at email@example.com
PUBLIC / LEGAL NOTICES
The Jackson Parish Police Jury is hiring for the following open position
Please submit all applications to Jackson Parish Police Jury Administrative Building, 160 Industrial Drive, Jonesboro, LA 71251. To request a detailed job description, please contact our office at (318) 259-2361 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION: Mechanic I
DEPARTMENT: Jackson Parish Road Department
Under close supervision, the Road Department Mechanic I is a skilled position responsible for performing minor and major repairs on automobiles, trucks, heavy trucks, tractors, heavy equipment, and related departmental equipment. Assignments are made orally or in the form of written work orders.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
• Class A Commercial Driver’s License preferred.
• ASE certified or two (2) years experience at the journey level, working with diesel engines, heavy trucks, and equipment, or three (3) years experience as an auto mechanic.
• Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds frequently.
• Ability to work safely in all weather conditions, including adverse conditions.
• Can understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Able to work in elevated areas, confined spaces, and on and off ladders.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• The Mechanic is responsible for performing all types of routine maintenance and service duties on equipment, including repair work on engines, transmissions, differentials, electrical systems, front ends, and minor tune-ups. Arc welding, Mig Welding, and Acetylene Cutting with torch and plasma cutting.
• Road tests vehicles and confirms complaints, checks malfunctions, and determines necessary repair needs using experience and the use of various testing equipment and tools.
• Changes oil and oil filters, air filters, hydraulic filters, etc. on gas and diesel equipment.
• Greases truck chassis, wheel bearings, and end equipment moving parts.
• Performs repair work on small gasoline engines. Able to operate a chainsaw and weed eater.
• Repairs and adjusts brakes and clutches; replace brake linings and cylinders.
• Performs hydraulic systems repairs on trucks and equipment.
• Repairs flat tires and performs all related tasks incumbent to this endeavor.
• Uses manual and power equipment for breaking down and balancing of tires.
• Operates service/lube truck and performs maintenance duties on equipment.
• Performs routine maintenance work of vehicle air conditioning systems.
• Inspects and repairs suspension systems on automobiles and trucks.
• Tracks all warranty work available for equipment.
• Maintains all shop records, work orders, purchase orders, shop inventory, and shop work scheduling.
• Performs proper pre-start and daily maintenance and service of equipment including lubrication, changing tires, making minor adjustments and repairs, and cleaning.
• Requires a thorough knowledge of general maintenance requirements of various pieces of light to heavy motorized equipment.
• Services, changes tires and cutting blades, cleans machines including trucks, and makes minor adjustments.
• Recognizes and diagnoses equipment malfunctions or complicated services needs and reports to Supervisor.
• May be required to lift equipment, tools, or any combination in excess of 100 pounds.
• Skilled in the use of tools and the operation of machines and equipment used in automobile repair and maintenance.
• Adheres to all traffic laws, applicable Federal and State health and safety rules, local ordinances, and Jackson Parish Police Jury rules and regulations and policies and procedures.
• Ability to drive various pieces of equipment used by the Police Jury.
• Follows safety procedures and practices as required, as well as wearing required safety
• Performs other job-related duties, as assigned.
Detailed Job Description available upon request.
The Jackson Parish Police Jury is hiring for the following open position.
Please submit all applications to: Jackson Parish Police Jury Administrative Building, 160 Industrial Drive, Jonesboro, LA 71251. To request a detailed job description, please contact our office at (318) 259-2361 or by email: email@example.com.
POSITION: Operator I
DEPARTMENT: Jackson Parish Solid Waste Department
Under close supervision, the Solid Waste Department Operator I is a semi-skilled to skilled position consisting of equipment operation, manual labor, and maintenance repair of various pieces of light and heavy motorized equipment and trucks used in solid waste management, maintenance, inclement weather, and other generalized work. Incumbent may be used as a relief operator on equipment of a higher class if qualified and trained.
• In good standing as an employee in current position
• Class B CDL Driver’s License required; progression towards Class A CDL a plus
• Primarily operates trackhoe/packer located at the Solid Waste Landfill.
• Directs compact trucks and the public to the proper dumping areas in the landfill.
• Packs and tarps the garbage in the trailers and prepares the trailers to be transported to the Union Parish Landfill.
• Keeps the wall area washed and clean.
• Cleans out drains and bins, when necessary.
• Monitors the water transport and hauls and empties, when necessary.
• Picks up general litter and debris around the landfill, keeping it clean and organized.
• Cross-trained on all Operator II positions; prepared and able to operate any and all equipment used at the landfill.
• Serves as a backup for the Specialty Equipment Operator (Compact Truck), if qualified, trained, and licensed and Operator I and II positions, if necessary (at the appropriate set-up rate).
• Physically present to perform the duties of the position.
• Performs walkaround safety checks at the beginning of every day noting any deficiencies found on equipment and report to Supervisor.
• Complete daily paperwork noting equipment and materials used each day and daily equipment forms.
• Must have good working knowledge of equipment and safety habits.
• Performs manual work functions associated with construction, maintenance, and cleanup of the solid waste landfill and off-site bin sites in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
Detailed Job Description available upon request.
NOTICE OF PERMIT TO SALE
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE