The Jackson Parish School Board will hold their regularly scheduled monthly meeting at 11:00am on Monday, April 3rd in the conference room of the JP School District Central Office, located at 315 Pershing Hwy. in Jonesboro.
The session will open with board members Gerry Mims, Rick Barlow, Dennis Clary, Calvin Waggoner (President), Paulette Belton, Mary Saulters and Wade McBride being asked to approve the minutes as presented from the Regular Scheduled and Special Called Meeting held on March 13, 2023.
Consideration to enter into Executive Session to discuss pending litigation in that matter styled, Wyatt vs. Jackson Parish School Board and any action deemed necessary upon returning from such executive session will follow.
Committee recommendations as follows are next.
Building and Grounds Committee:
1. Consider approving Change Order #3 for Quitman High School.
2. Consider accepting low quote of $32,724.06 from BSN Sports to purchase and
install weight room equipment for Weston High School baseball, to be paid from
Weston District funds.
3. Consider accepting low quote of $105,900.00 from Insight, Inc. to purchase and
install 262 Hussey Fusion chairs for Weston High School gym, to be paid from
ESSER III. This pricing includes tearing out and removal of existing seats and
bleachers. (Pending LDOE approval)
4. Discussion of portable buildings at Weston High School and Quitman High
Executive / Finance Committee
1. Consider payment of General Fund bills.
2. Consider payment of Federal Program bills.
3. Consider payment of School Food Service bills.
4. Consider payment of Sales Tax bills.
5. Consider payment of Special Education Fund bills.
6. Consider payment of District Maintenance bills.
7. Consider approving the hourly rate of $30.00 for Teachers, $15.00 for Support
Staff and $70.00 per day ($17.70 extra per day for after school transportation)
for Bus Drivers for the 9th Grade Academy Summer Learning, Saturday School,
Super Summer for Students with Disabilities (SWD), SWD PK Music and Art
Academy, SWD Extended School Year Program, Direct Student Services (DSS) tutoring, and Parish Wide Summer School, to be paid from ESSER III Incentive, IDEA, IDEA ARP 619, IDEA ARP 611, ESSER II, ESSER III, ESSER IIIEB and DSS Tutoring funds.
8. Presentation of Monthly Financial Report by Kristi Bass, Business Manager
1. Consider accepting low quote of $43,750.00 from Jay Mallard Ford Lincoln, LLC to
purchase a 2023 Ford F-150 Supercab, to be paid from ESSER II.
2. Consider approving out of state travel for five (5) teachers, two (2) administrators from Jonesboro Hodge High School and one (1) Supervisor to travel to Dallas June 11-14, 2023 to participate in the AVID Summer Institute Training as part of their 9th Grade Academy Program, to be paid from ESSER III Incentive funds
The session will be adjourned following comments from JPSD Superintendent, David Claxton.
In accordance with the Americans Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact David Claxton at 318-259-4456 describing the assistance that is necessary.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE