The Jackson Parish Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that “all systems are go” for the annual Sunshine Festival that is scheduled to take place this Saturday in downtown Jonesboro.
A full schedule of events and activities are on tap as shown below:
(1) Kids Bike Parade – Scheduled to begin at 10:00am in front of the Jackson Parish Courthouse. Prize will be given for best decorated bike.
(2) Quilt Turning Event – Sponsored by the Heritage Quilting Guild of Jonesboro, this time-honored tradition that has all but been forgotten, will be rekindled beginning at 10:00 am at the Jackson Parish Museum, located at 515 S Cooper Avenue.
(3) Antique Car Show – Beautiful “Blasts from the Past” will be at the Jay Mallard Ford Dealership, located at 601 Hudson Avenue.
(4) Free Concerts – A wide variety of performances are on hand beginning with an soothing instrumental concert and ending with lively concert by a Zydeco band. The schedule of performers that will provide entertainment in the Pocket Park on Jimmie Davis Blvd. aka “Main Street” from 10:30 am – 4:00pm is:
10:30 am – John Sorson on Saxaphone
11:00 am – Jackson Parish Gifted and Talented Choir
11:30 am – JHHS Drum Corp
1:00 – 4:00 pm – Zydeco Band
(5) Playground fun – Children can enjoy playing on the bouncy house and slide at Tony Rome Park from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
(6) Food, Arts and Crafts – Enjoy a variety of food and view Arts and Crafts at the many booths, tents, food trucks and trailers that will be downtown throughout the day.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE