The Jackson Parish Police Jury (JPPJ) is accepting applications for the position of Jackson Parish Registrar of Voters, which became open following the retirement of Angie Roberts.
The JPPJ shall appoint an individual from all interested applicants. An application form may be picked up and then returned along with a resume to the JPPJ Administrative Office, located at 160 Industrial Drive in Jonesboro. Applications and resumes may be hand delivered or mailed to:
JACKSON PARISH POLICE JURY ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING
160 INDUSTRIAL DRIVE
JONESBORO, LA 71251-3446
All applications must be received no later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday, June 21, 2023 after which the JPPJ will conduct interviews with all qualified applicants.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPLICANTS FOR REGISTRAR OF VOTER:
• SHALL BE A REGISTERED VOTER. IF APPOINTED TO FILL THE OFFICE OF REGISTRAR OF VOTERS, THE APPLICANT SHALL BECOME A RESIDENT AND REGISTERED VOTER OF JACKSON PARISH PRIOR TO TAKING THE OATH OF OFFICE, AND SHALL POSSESS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AT THE TIME OF APPOINTMENT:
• POSSESS A BACCALAUREATE DEGREE FROM AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION AND TWO YEARS FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• POSSESS AN ASSOCIATE DEGREE FROM AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION AND FOUR YEARS OF FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• SEVEN YEARS OF FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• FIVE YEARS OF FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT IN A REGISTRAR’S OFFICE IN LOUISIANA
NOTE: PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE MEANS EXPERIENCE IN AN OCCUPATION WHICH REQUIRES SPECIALIZED AND THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE USUALLY ACQUIRED THROUGH COLLEGE TRAINING OR THROUGH WORK EXPERIENCE AND OTHER TRAINING WHICH PROVIDES COMPARABLE KNOWLEDGE.