To have published your Business Services, Job Opportunities, Items for sale, Advertisements for Bids, Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotes, Public Notices, and Legal Notices – send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Possible costs are dependent on content.
Forest Haven Nursing Home – Facility Maintenance Position. Must possess general knowledge in Plumbing, Electrical and performing inspection of building to confirm safety guidelines while following LTC, Life Safety and OSHA standards. Apply in person at 171 Thrasher Drive, Jonesboro, LA.
Jackson Parish Ambulance Service District – Full time Paramedic Supervisor, Paramedic and EMT positions available. For more information call JPASD Director Aaron Johnson at 318-259-2877. Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or sent by regular mail to: JPASD, attn: Aaron Johnson, 115 Watts St., Jonesboro, LA 7125
The Jackson Parish Police Jury is hiring for the following open position. Please submit all applications to: Jackson Parish Police Jury Administrative Building, 160 Industrial Drive, Jonesboro, LA 71251. Applications will be received until 4:30 pm on Friday, June 30, 2023. To request a detailed job description, please contact our office at (318) 259-2361 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEPARTMENT: Jackson Parish Maintenance Department
Under administrative direction of the Operations Manager (or the Secretary-Treasurer in the absence of the Operations Manager), this position is a working supervisor role that plans, oversees, and coordinates the various operations of employees who repair, clean, and maintain Police Jury buildings and grounds. Supervisor performs complex maintenance tasks and other related duties as required.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
• Class E Driver’s License required; progression towards Class B Commercial CDL a plus.
• Requires specialized training beyond high school that can be obtained in one year or less.
• Three (3) years of journey-level experience in construction and/or maintenance work, including one year of experience in a specialty building trade and as a lead worker or supervisor or have equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities.
• Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds frequently.
• Able to work safely in all weather conditions, including adverse conditions.
• Understands, follows, and communicates oral and written instructions.
• Able to work in elevated areas, confined spaces, and on and off ladders.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• The Maintenance Department Supervisor is responsible for carrying out orders given by the Maintenance Superintendent which includes performing periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) inspections of assigned areas, maintaining documentation records, and following up with staff to make corrections, adjustments, etc.
• Expresses ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to groups and individuals.
• Performs periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) inspections of assigned areas and maintains documentation records; is expected to follow-up with staff to make corrections, adjustments, etc.
• Prepares work schedules, work orders, purchase orders, voucher requests, and other required forms.
• Reviews, approves, and submits Maintenance Department timecards in the absence of the Superintendent.
• Estimates material and labor costs for repairs, remodeling, alterations, and installation projects.
• Orders and issues tools, equipment, and supplies.
• Maintains material and equipment inventories; places orders when necessary while managing to budget.
• Performs complex repair and maintenance tasks.
• Oversees a staff of skilled and semi-skilled workers, as well as inmate trustees, in such maintenance duties as painting, carpentry, masonry, cement work, custodial tasks, building and grounds, and general upkeep involving structures, furnishings, equipment, floor coverings, acoustical ceiling, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical, and related systems.
• May establish new preventive maintenance programs and procedures.
• Directs and works alongside Maintenance Department staff.
• Handles routine personnel matters, recommends pink slips and other disciplinary actions or customer-related items that arise to Superintendent.
• Acts as fill in/backup staff in the event of absent personnel.
• Acts in the absence of the Superintendent and assists in managing the Maintenance Department staff and its overall operation.
• May be required to be on 24 hour call out.
• Works directly with the Secretary-Treasurer in Superintendent’s absence.
• Attends any required Police Jury or Committee meetings, training classes, or seminars that relate to the incumbent’s role within the department.
• Assures that incumbent’s performance meets or exceeds all Police Jury expectations.
• Sets forth a professional appearance and attitude on and off the job.
• May be required to lift equipment, tools, or any combination in excess of 100 pounds.
• Adheres to all traffic laws, applicable Federal and State health and safety rules, local ordinances, and Jackson Parish Policy Jury rules and regulations and policies and procedures.
• Able to drive various pieces of equipment used by the Police Jury.
• Follows safety procedures and practices as required, as well as wearing required safety equipment.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Detailed Job Description available upon request.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed Proposals will be received by the Jackson Parish Police Jury, Jonesboro, Louisiana, in the Police Jury Administrative Building, 160 Industrial Drive, Jonesboro, Louisiana, until 2:00 P.M., local time, on Thursday, June 15, 2023. No proposals will be received after this hour or date. On this date and specified time, bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
For: JACKSON PARISH COURTHOUSE
REPLACE Boiler Number 1
Complete bidding documents may be obtained from:
JOHN J. GUTH ASSOCIATES, INC.
208 MILAM STREET
SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA 71101
upon deposit of $50.00 for each set of documents. Deposit on the first two sets are fully refundable to all bonafide Prime Bidders upon return of the documents, in good condition, no later than ten (10) days of receipt of bids. The deposit of all other sets of documents will be refunded 50% upon return of documents as stated above. Documents are also available in electronic format on CD upon payment of deposit.
All bids must be accompanied by bid security equal to five percent (5%) of the sum of the base bid and all alternates, and must be in the form of a certified check, cashier’s check, or Bid Bond written by a company licensed to do business in Louisiana.
The successful Bidder shall be required to furnish a Performance and Payment Bond written by a company licensed to do business in Louisiana, in an amount equal to 100% of the Contract amount.
A Pre-Bid Conference will be held in the Police Jury Meeting Room 3rd Floor, Jackson Parish Courthouse, 500 E Court Street, Jonesboro, Louisiana on May 30th at 10:00 A.M.
Bids shall be accepted only from Contractors who are licensed under La. R.S. 37:2150-2163 for the classification of MECHANICAL Work.
Evidence of authority to submit the bid shall be required in accordance with R.S. 38:2212(A)(1)(c) and/or R.S. 39:1594(C)(2)(d).
Any person requiring special accommodations shall notify the Jackson Parish Police Jury of the type(s) of accommodations required not less than seven (7) days before the bid opening.
Jackson Parish Police Jury
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
The Jackson Council on Aging has declared the following items as surplus property and authorized disposal of each item separately by sealed bids to the highest bidder.
One(1) 2010 Ford Transit
One(1) 2016 Ford Transit T-35 Passenger Van
These items may be inspected Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm & Friday 8am-2:00pm at Jackson COA Office, 120 Polk Ave. Jonesboro, LA
Bids submitted for each vehicle item must be submitted in sealed envelope, clearly marked SEALED BID no later than 1:00pm Friday July 14,2023.
All items are to be sold “as is”.
The Jackson Council on Aging reserve the right to reject any or all bids.
Affidavit of Succession and Certificate of Service
NOTICE OF VACANCY
APPOINTMENT OF JACKSON PARISH REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
THE JACKSON PARISH POLICE JURY SHALL APPOINT AN INDIVIDUAL TO SERVE AS THE JACKSON PARISH REGISTRAR OF VOTERS. ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS MAY PICK UP AN APPLICATION FROM THE JACKSON PARISH POLICE JURY OFFICE.
ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS FOR THE POSITION OF REGISTRAR OF VOTERS SHALL SUBMIT AN APPLICATION AND RESUME TO THE JACKSON PARISH POLICE JURY AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
JACKSON PARISH POLICE JURY
160 INDUSTRIAL DRIVE
JONESBORO, LA 71251-3446
OR THE APPLICATION AND RESUME MAY BE HAND DELIVERED TO THE JACKSON PARISH POLICE JURY OFFICE AT THE
JACKSON PARISH POLICE JURY ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING
160 INDUSTRIAL DRIVE
JONESBORO, LA 71251-3446
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 4:30 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21, 2023. THE JACKSON PARISH POLICE JURY SHALL CONDUCT INTERVIEWS OF ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPLICANTS FOR REGISTRAR OF VOTER:
• SHALL BE A REGISTERED VOTER. IF APPOINTED TO FILL THE OFFICE OF REGISTRAR OF VOTERS, THE APPLICANT SHALL BECOME A RESIDENT AND REGISTERED VOTER OF JACKSON PARISH PRIOR TO TAKING THE OATH OF OFFICE, AND SHALL POSSESS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AT THE TIME OF APPOINTMENT:
• POSSESS A BACCALAUREATE DEGREE FROM AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION AND TWO YEARS FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• POSSESS AN ASSOCIATE DEGREE FROM AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION AND FOUR YEARS OF FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• SEVEN YEARS OF FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• FIVE YEARS OF FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT IN A REGISTRAR’S OFFICE IN LOUISIANA
NOTE: PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE MEANS EXPERIENCE IN AN OCCUPATION WHICH REQUIRES SPECIALIZED AND THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE USUALLY ACQUIRED THROUGH COLLEGE TRAINING OR THROUGH WORK EXPERIENCE AND OTHER TRAINING WHICH PROVIDES COMPARABLE KNOWLEDGE.