The Jackson Parish School Board (JPSB) recognized nine local track and field athletes from the three public high schools in the parish for winning events at the LHSAA state track and field championships.
Being honored by board members Gerry Mims, Rick Barlow, Paulette Belton, Dennis Clary, Calvin Waggoner (President), Mary Saulters, Wade McBride and Superintendent David Claxton were:
Jonesboro Hodge High School
Zion Gray – Boys Triple Jump
Savantez Phillips – Boys 110 Meter Hurdles
Quitman High School
Emma Carter – Girls High Jump (3 Consecutive Years)
Bryan Lay – Boys Pole Vault (2 Consecutive Years)
Nathan Harvey – Boys 4X200 Relay
Brayden Smith – Boys 4X200 Relay
Geoffrey Maxwell – Boys 4X200 Relay
Jayden Harts – Boys 4X200 Relay
Weston High School
Jalexiah Claridy – Girls Shot Put
After new Weston High School principal David Huckaby was introduced the Ruston Daily Leader was selected to be the Official Journal for the JPSB for the fiscal year July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024. A resolution adopting the election returns that authorized the continuation of a special tax for
Consolidated School District No. 1 was also approved.
The board also approved the recommendations of the following committees:
Executive / Finance Committee
1. Payment of General Fund bills in the amount of $1,592,066.12.
2. Payment of Federal Program bills in the amount of $566,274.82
3. Payment of Food Service bills in the amount of $137,679.11.
4. Payment of Sales Tax bills in the amount of $185,386.21.
5. Payment of Special Education Fund bills in the amount of $46,878.94.
6. Payment of District Maintenance bills in the amount of $241,449.51.
7. Approved agreement with Empower for the Reimagine Grant at a
cost of $103,500.00 for technical assistance at Jonesboro Hodge Elementary
School beginning April 28, 2023 and ending September 30, 2024, to be paid
from ESSER III Incentive funds.
8. Approved an updated service agreement with AVID for professional
development and licenses for Jonesboro Hodge High School 9th Grade Academy at a cost of $12,509.00, to be paid from ESSER III Incentive funds.
9. Approved payment of $60,406.75 to Edgear of America, Inc. for JPAMS software support for the 2023-2024 school year, to be paid from General Fund.
10. Approved the reimbursement of $21,257.00 (Reimbursement & Indirect Cost) to General Fund for Edgear Software that provides online Individual Graduation Plans for students, to be paid from ESSER II Incentive funds. For the 22-23 school year only.
11. Approved service agreement with Attunded Education Partners to provide consultation services on the 5-year Strategic Plan for Jackson Parish at a cost of $120,000.00, to be paid from 8g funds.
12. Approved the job description for Freshman Academy Coordinator at Jonesboro Hodge High School, to be paid from ESSER III Incentive (9th Grade Academy) fund. This is a one-year position.
13. Approved the job description for Elementary Instructional Coordinator at Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School, to be paid from ESSER III Incentive (Reimagine Grant) funds. This is a one-year position.
14. Approved payment to National Institute for Excellence in Teaching Proposal of Services (NIET) in the amount of $21,500.00 for LDOE School Improvement Coaching Support and Educator Effectiveness portal access for Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School and Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, to be paid from 23-24 Resign funds.
15. Approved payment to Open Up Resources in the amount of $19,305.00 for Grades 6-8 math workbooks for Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, Quitman High School and Weston High School, to be paid from Title I School Based funds.
16. Approving payment to Edgenuity (Imagine Learning) in the amount of
$55,935.20 for Digital Libraries Site Licenses at Jonesboro Hodge High School, Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, Quitman High School and Weston High School, to be paid from General Fund.
Building and Grounds Committee
1. Accepted low quote of $121,733.00 from Bannister Energy Solutions for material, labor and equipment for Jonesboro Hodge High School Baseball and
Softball field LED lights, to be paid from Jonesboro District funds.
2. Accepted low quote of $38,425.00 from Morse Covers, Inc. for material, labor and equipment for a walkway cover at Weston High School, to be paid from
ESSER II/III funds.
3. Accepted low quote of $15,900.00 from JBW Fence Installation & Repair, Inc. for material and labor for dozer work on Jonesboro Hodge High School softball field, to be paid from Jonesboro District funds.
4. Accepted low quote of $16,662.36 from Susie’s Floors by Design for material and labor to replace floor covering at gym entry and choir room entry storage room at Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, to be paid from District/ ESSER II/III funds, pending LDOE approval.
5. Accepted low quote of $12,960.73 from Susie’s Floors by Design for material and labor to replace floor covering in foyer at Quitman High School auditorium, to be paid from District/ESSER II/III funds, pending LDOE approval.
6. Declared as surplus the 12X24 portable storage building at Weston High School. The building is not usable and will be removed from the campus by Daniel Wyatt.
Prior to the regularly scheduled meeting held on Monday, June 13th in the meeting room of the JPSD Central Office, a Special Meeting was conducted where the General Fund and Special Revenue Funds budgets for the 2023-2024 fiscal year was discussed.