Members of Jackson Parish 4-H along with Director, Kristi Bourgeois, were recognized at the regularly scheduled monthly meeting of the Jackson Parish Police Jury on Tuesday, July 18th.
Sharing their experiences of going to 4-H University and participating in the state of Louisiana “Shooting Sports” competition was Alley Hines, Jana Potts and Amelia Emanus.
Several others were honored by Jury members, Todd Culpepper (President), Lewis Chatham, Amy Magee, John McCarthy, Tarneshala “Niki” Cowans, Regina Rowe and Keith Burrs as shown below.
Additional items considered and acted on by the JPPJ were as follows.
Adopt the minutes of the May 31, 2023, June 14, 2023, and June 23, 2023, Jury Meetings, monthly purchase orders, and the payment of all bills
Approve reports and accept following recommendations of the Road Committee:
(1) Remove the class B CDL requirement from the Operator I description.
(2) Move Jack Williams into a working Supervisor position.
(3) Not remove one of the Operator II positions under Asphalt Crew, but change it to an Operator I position.
(4) Move Dale Layfield into the Operator I position under Asphalt Crew.
(5) Promote and move Paul Aldy into the open Operator I slot to fill the vacant spot under Brush-Ax Crew.
(6) Change one of the General Laborer spots under the Drainage Crew to Operator I and move Mathew Connor into this slot.
(7) Hire Mr. Charles Robertson as Mechanic I in the Road Department, dependent on him obtaining his class A CDL within 60 days from his employment date.
(8) Adopt the Revised Org Chart for Road Department.
(9) Adopt Management Reports of Operations, Road and Solid Waste Departments as well as Financial Report and Engineering Report
(10) Hire Mr. Todd Brazil for the Solid Waste Operator I position.
(11) Approve posting for two (2) vacant Laborer positions in the Road Department.
(12) Approve Parish Board Appointments
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE