The Jackson Parish Chamber of Commerce (JPCoC)invites residents, businesses, and organizations to take part in the first annual Christmas Tree Decorating Contest that will be held in the Pocket Park on Jimmie Davis Boulevard in Jonesboro.
To join in on the fun and to reserve a space, applications must be received on or before 5:00 pm, November 6th. All tree spaces are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Entry forms shall be submitted to the new JPC0C office, located at 601 South Cooper Avenue in Jonesboro.
For more information or to get entry form, which is also available below, contact Wilda Smith at (318) 259-4693 or by sending email to email@example.com
- Artificial Trees Only – Height minimum: 4 feet tall; Height maximum: 7 feet tall
- The individual, organization or business shall provide all decorations, lights, timers, extension cords, power strips/surge protectors needed for their entry.
- Do not reference any names, family names or personal reference until after judging.
- The Pocket Park will be open for decorating beginning November 15, 2023 and ending on November 21, 2023 from the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- All trees will be identified and numbered for judging purposes. Judging will take place on Wednesday, November 22, 2023. All winner will be announce during annual Christmas Parade.
- All trees must remain up until January 1, 2024, and the trees will be on display for the public daily during the Christmas season.
- The entry fee is $25.00 and must be paid when the application is submitted.
- Decorations should follow your submitted Theme.
Judges will evaluate on the following four criteria:
- Originality – 25 points
- Visual Impact – 25 points
- Craftmanship – 25 points
- Creativity – 25 points
1st place – $100.00 gift card
2nd place – $75.00 gift card
3rd place – $50.00 gift card