The Jackson Parish Library Board will convene for their regularly scheduled monthly meeting at 430pm on Monday, September 20th, at the Jonesboro Branch of Jackson Parish Library, located at 614 South Polk Avenue in Jonesboro. Board members Paula Essemeir, Ann Standley, Carol Massey (President), Judy Cooper, Carolyn Crawley, Lisa Nunn and Lewis Chatham will consider a short agenda highlighted by the discussion and possible adoption of the updated 2021 budget adjustment. Additional discussion items include updates on ongoing projectsa the review and adoption of the minutes from the August meeting and last months financial and statistical reports. It is also expected to be announce that the 2021 Trailblazer Board of Trustees meeting that was scheduled for Friday, September 24th, has been cancelled. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact Floyd Knox at
Agenda of September 20th Library Board meeting:
• Call to Order: Welcome
• Roll Call Essmeier______ Cooper______ Nunn ______ Standley______Crawley ______ Massey ______ Chatham______
• Public Comments
• Approval of Minutes
• Review and adopt the minutes from the August 16 regular board meeting.
• Report of Director: Statistical and Financial.
• Review and adopt August financial reports.
• Review and adopt August statistical reports.
• Unfinished Business
• Updates on ongoing projects.
• New Business
• Review and adopt the updated 2021 budget adjustments.
• 2021 Trailblazer Board of Trustees meeting that was scheduled for Friday, September 24, 2021 has been cancelled for in-person this year.
Addtional activities at the Jonesboro and Chatham Branches (Monday and Tuesday, September 20-21)
Monday, September 20th:
Check Out Fitness Class at 9:00am (Chatham Branch
Childrens Art Class (Ages 4-8) at 4:00pm (Chatham Branch)
Tuesday, September 21st:
Disaster Care Management Program (DCMP) from 9:00am – 5pm (Jonesboro Branch)
Assistance provided for those still recovering from Hurricane Laura. For more information call (844) 711-9DCM or go online to: www.dcmpla.com
Brown’s Hearing on site from 10am – 4pm (Jonesboro Branch)
Information provided on new hearing technology available.
Monday, September 20th
8:30am-9:00am: Shania’ Love Bugs
9:15am – 9:45am: Long Leaf Apartment Complex
9:55am – 10:10am: Oak and 4th Street in Hodge
Tuesday, September 21st
8:00am – 12:00pm: Weston High School
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE