By unanimous decision Calvin “Bart” Waggoner was chosen to be Vice President of the Jackson Parish School Board for 2022. The action took place by Dennis Clary, Gloria Davis, Wade McBride, Rickey McBride, Mary Saulters and Gerry Mims the regularly scheduled monthly meeting held on December 6th at the meeting room of the Central Office.
In other action the board agreed to adopt a Resolution to sale a 0.43 acre parcel of land on the old Chatham High School site to the Jackson Parish Hospital. In corroborating action the lease for the property by the Town of Chatham will be cancelled upon full recording of the cash sale deed.
Getting around the outside of the Central Office, located at 3165 Pershing Hwy will also be easier now as the board agreed to accept the $99,180.00 and $21,000.00 bid from Mabry Company to repair the back and side parking lots. This will be paid for out of Parish Wide District Funds.
In further action Superintendent David Claxton was given permission to sign a Memorandum of Understanding to sustain the Reimagine School Action Grant and statement of support. Amy Hay also provided information concerning the 2020-21 District Test Scores.
General Fund, Federal Program, Food Service, Sales Tax, Special Education, District Maintenance bills were also authorized to be paid as well and the following action items to place:
(1) Purchase of Moby Max curriculum for grades K-8 at Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School, Jonesboro Hodge Middle School and Quitman High School at a cost of $10,136.00, to be paid from 2021-2022 ESSERS III funds.
(2) Renewal of the site license agreement with Certiport for Jonesboro Hodge High School, Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, Weston High School and Quitman High School at a cost of $15,780.00, to be paid from 2021-2022 Career and Technical Education funds.
(3) Payment of $10,000.00 to Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service, LSU AgCenter for the 2020-2021 school year, to be paid from General Fund.
(4) Purchase of No Red Ink Premium curriculum for grades 5-12 at a cost of $16,367.00 to be used at Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, Jonesboro Hodge High School, Quitman High School and Weston High School, to be paid from 2021-2022 ESSERS III funds.
(5) Payment of $33,694.58 to Presidio for ERate services and equipment for the 2021-2022 school year, to be paid from General Fund.
(6) Reimbursement to Sharon’s Lil Angels Day Care, Inc. in the amount of $21,448.59, to be paid from the 2021-2022 Covid-19 Community Child Care Recovery Grant.
(7) Acceptance of low bid of $89,863.35 from Douglas Equipment for 5 Gas Steamers, to be paid from School Food Service.
After comments were made by board members and Superintendent Claxton the meeting was adjourned.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE