The Jackson Parish School Board gave their approval to make improvements at local schools and heard presentations from two special guest speakers at their regular monthly meeting held on Monday, May 2nd in the meeting room of the Central Office located at 315 Pershing Hwy.
The meeting began with the board members hearing from Christine Stepzinski, who gave information regarding the LSU Ag Center and Bonnie Buckelew, Supervisor of Special Education, who presented information on the Reimagine School Systems 2021 Grant.
Gloria Davis, Dennis Clary, Calvin Waggoner, Wade McBride, Gerry Mims, Wade McBride and Mary Saulters then proceeded to give their approval on the following:
(1) Granted Superintendent Claxton permission to sign the Cooperative Agreement between the Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service and Jackson Parish School Board.
(2) Name the Ruston Daily Leader as the official journal for Jackson Parish School Board.
(3) Payment of General Fund, Federal Program, Food Service, Sales Tax, Special Education, District Maintenance bills
(4) Payment of $11,170.00 to Software and Services for GFA School Accounting Software to be used in all schools, to be paid from General Fund.
(5) Payment of $22,400.00 to NIET to provide services as described in the Statement of Work, to be paid from Redesign 1003A.
(6) Payment of Employer’s share of Office of Group Benefits insurance premiums from General Fund for the June, 2022 Sales Tax Distribution.
(7) Purchase 5 Lumen projectors at a total cost of $24,500.00 to be used at Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School, Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, Quitman High School and Weston High School, to be paid as follows: $19,000.00 from ESSERS II and $4,900.00 from IDEA Preschool monies.
(8) Approve Job Description for School Social Worker for Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School for two years, to be paid out of ESSERS III Incentive fund.
(9) Payment to Edgear in the amount of $57,733.00 for the renewal of software support to all of the schools, to be paid from 2022-2023 General Fund.
(10) Pay 20 mentors up to $1,000.00, not to exceed a total cost of $20,000.00, for the 2021-2022 school year for mentoring ITeach and new teachers, to be paid out of ESSERS III.
(11) Accept low bid of $29,500.00 from MRM Construction to repair gym wall and install a metal roof over gym restrooms and locker rooms at Weston High School, to be paid from General Fund.
(12) Accept low bid of $76,350.00 from Amethyst Construction to remove and replace asphalt at the Central Office parking lot, to be paid from Parish Wide District funds.
(13) Approve out of state travel to Chicago, Illinois for Serenity Mallard and Honesty Poland, June 27-July 3, 2022 to attend the FBLA National Leadership Conference. Expenses to be paid by Jonesboro Hodge FBLA.
(14) Approve new policy for Criminal History Record Information (CHRI)
After Superintendent David Claxton gave his final comments, the meeting was adjourned.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE