Four individuals who won LHSAA state track and field championships were honored by the Jackson Parish School Board at their regularly scheduled monthly meeting held on Monday, June 6th.
Supertintendent of Schools David Claxton presented Justin Calahan of Jonesboro-Hodge High School, Bryan “Peanut” Lay, Bailey Keys and Emma Carter of Quitman High School with certificates recognizing their achievements.
Board members Gerry Mims, Ricky McBride, Dennis Clary, Calvin Waggoner, Mary Saulters and Wade McBride approved Principals and Assistant Principals to simultaneiously Coach as long as they didn’t leave the grounds until the end of the school day during the regular season and only leave the school during the playoffs. Gloria Davis was absent.
In additional action the following committee recommendations were approved.
1. Payment of General Fund bills. $2,544,428.83
2. Payment of Federal Program bills. $418,796.73
3. Payment of Food Service bills. $159,503.52
4. Payment of Sales Tax bills. $178,598.77
5. Payment of Special Education Fund bills. $36,572.98
6. Payment of District Maintenance bills. $40,895.80
7. Transfer amount of $1,100,000.00 from General Fund to be distributed as follows: $350,000.00 to Jonesboro Hodge District funds,$350,000.00 to Quitman District funds, $350,000.00 to Weston District funds and $50,000.00 to Parish Wide District funds.
8. Pay a one-time retention stipend in the amount of $2,000.00 for certified staff and staff required to have a degree (IT Department, Nurses and Business Office Staff) and $1,000.00 for non-certified staff, to be paid out of General Fund. The stipend is intended for the retention of our employees’ services for the 2022-2023 school year and is to be paid after employee signs a letter of intent to remain throughout the school year.
9. Pay $10,000.00 to Zearn Mathematics for renewal of K-8 Digital Access for students and teachers at Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School, Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, Quitman High School and Weston High School, to be paid from ESSERS IIIEB fund.
10. Pay $11,210.00 to Imagine Learning to purchase LearnZillion Illustrative Mathematics for Grades 6-8 at Jonesboro Hodge Middle School, Quitman High School and Weston High School, to be paid from ESSERS IIIEB.
11. Purchase 30 new computers from Dell Computers at a cost of $43,817.70 for Lab 103 at Jonesboro Hodge High School, to be paid from 2021-2022 Career Development funds.
12.Rescind the motion made on November 1, 2021 to approve payment of $24,700.00 to
LocoRobo Innovations Inc. for registration fees and purchasing the drone equipment for students in Grades 8-12 at all schools, that was to be paid from ESSERS IIIEB.
13. Pay Sharon’s Lil Angels Day Care $24,032.41 for reimbursement as approved by the La. Department of Education to help early childhood community networks recover from income loss due to the pandemic, to be paid from 2020-2021 COVID-19 Community Child Care Recovery Grant. This is the 2nd portion of the $50,000.00 that had been allocated.
14. Approve the Job Description for School Nurse I – (Student Service Center).
15. Hire a School Nurse I for the 2022-2023 School year, to be paid out of School Nurses and Behavioral Health Grant. This job will end when the grant funding ends. This position will be a year to year job.
16. Hire a Social Worker for Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School. The job will begin in 2022-2023 school year and end when the grant funding ends. This position will be a year to year job.
17. Pay Office Depot $19,113.73 for student school supplies, to be paid from Title I School Based funds.
18. Pay Open-Up Resources $16,520.00 for grades 6-8 school level math workbooks, to be paid from Title I School based funds.
19. Accept low quote of $11,200.00 from LASARD for Pre-K professional development and academic coaching, to be paid from Redesign funds.
20. Accepting low quote of $10,400.00 from LASARD for K-12 professional development and academic coaching, to be paid from Redesign funds.
21. Agree to contract with Avid at a cost of $29,142.00 to provide technical assistance for Jonesboro Hodge High School 9th Grade Academy over the duration of the grant (2021-2024), to be paid from ESSERS III incentive.
22.Agree to contract with Empower at a total cost of $75,000.00, Phase 1-$37,500.00 and Phase II – $37,500.00 to provide technical support to the Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School Wrap Around Project over the duration of the grant (2021-2024), to be paid from ESSERS III incentive.
23. Purchase 25 new computers for Jonesboro Hodge High School to be used in the Freshman Academy Business Lab, to be paid from 2021-2022 6% MFP Career and Technical Allocation.
24. Purchase a vehicle for the Maintenance Supervisor, not to exceed price of $30,000.00
25. Approve Monthly Financial Report by Kristi Bass, Business Manager.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS COMMITTEE
1. Accept quote of $330,500.00 from Level Tech LLC for Jonesboro Hodge Elementary School stabilization project, to be paid from ESSERS II.
1. Approved out of state travel to Washington, D.C. late June or early July for Kensley Caskey of Quitman High School to be recognized as the winner of the 2022 Congressional Art Competition for La. 5th District. Parents and school will be responsible for expenses.
2. Approved out of state travel to Nashville, Tenn, June 30-July 1, 2022 for Weston High School students, Cadence Kinman, Mattie Beaubouef, Camden Flynn, Hannah McDowell and Raelynn Shell to attend the Senior Beta National Convention. Transportation is being furnished by the students’ parents.
3. Approved out of state travel to Florence, Alabama, June 22-25, 2022 for Quitman High School students Hayden Davis and Maddox Duck to participate in Student Angler Federation’s National Championship & World Finals fishing tournament. Expenses to be paid by parents.
4. Approved out of state travel to Florence, Alabama, June 22-25, 2022 for Weston High School students Landin Chatham and Taylor Chatham to participate in Student Angler Federation’s National Championship & World Finals fishing tournament. Expenses to be paid by parents.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE