The Jackson Parish Tourism Board heard from three special guests and made final plans for the upcoming Major League Fishing Tournament at their regularly scheduled monthly meeting held on April 11th.
The session held in the Sunshine Room of the Jackson Parish Police Jury Administration Building opened with guests Gary Joyner, Brad Dison, Kathy Crowder being recognized and the minutes, bills and financials for the month of March being approved.
Board members Tammy Gunter, Kelly Spangler, Christie Weeks and Yumeaka Washington then discussed and heard updates on the following ongoing projects.
(1) Civil Rights Trail – Trail- Lacking two pictures of the original DOD to be complete.
(2) Rental Space – JPPJ committee meeting on Wednesday to decide location.
(3) Major League Fishing Tournament – (A) Caney Lake Community Foundation (CLCF) will be providing shuttle service at Tournament. (B) Banner Contest deadline was on Saturday, April 15th.
(4) Promotional items- Kathy Crowder of Crowder Concepts presented ideas for consideration.
(5) Brad Dison – Made a request in help with a historical marker for the courthouse.
Approval to give the CLCF $4,000.00 for fireworks for Fourth of July and to designate, but not exceed, $1,500.00 for Judges and prizes for the Art Contest was then given.
The next meeting is scheduled for 5:30pm on Tuesday, May 9th.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE