The Jackson Parish Police Jury will hold their regularly scheduled monthly meeting on Tuesday, September 19th. The session will take place at 5:30pm at the Charles H. Garrett Community Center, located at 182 Industrial Drive in Jonesboro.
Police Jury Meeting Agenda
Call to Order
Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance
Actions From Public Hearing
1. Adopt the minutes of the August 15, 2023, Regular and August 23, 2023, Special Called Police Jury Meetings, monthly purchase orders, and the payment of all bills.
Approve Committee Reports:
Policy & Personnel Committee
2. Adopt the minutes of the September 14, 2023, Personnel Committee meeting.
3. Consider and approve moving the following employees to permanent employment status at conclusion of their 60-day probationary period: Wayne Anderson on 9/13, Todd Brazil on 9/27, and Teressa Johnson on 10/4.
4. Consider and approve extending Kelvin Calahan’s employment through October 7, 2023, for disability retirement purposes.
5. Consider and approve advertising for the General Laborer – Grounds Keeper position in the Maintenance Department.
6. Consider and approve extending Charles Robertson’s time period to obtain his class A CDL.
7. Consider and approve giving the Secretary-Treasurer authority to approve employee’s travel if it excludes overnight stay and employee is using a Police Jury vehicle.
8. Consider and approve allowing the Operations Manager, Road Superintendent, and Solid Waste Superintendent to use computer laptop for clocking in/out in lieu of using the biometric time clock.
Buildings & Grounds Committee
9. Adopt the September 14, 2023, Buildings & Grounds Minutes.
10. Consider and approve the quote of $7,500 from Dodson Enterprises for the Museum drainage issue.
11. Consider and approve the quote totaling $2,650 from Trevor Hall for power washing the first floor of the Courthouse.
12. Consider and approve authorizing the Operations Manager to post and maintain the properties located at 1218 Hickory Street, Hodge, LA and 1723 Brown Avenue, East Hodge, LA.
13. Adopt the September 15, 2023, Finance Committee Minutes.
14. Consider and approve placing the funds totaling $811,347 in the Landfill Closure Fund into a 40 month Certificate of Deposit Special at Jonesboro State Bank.
15. Operations Manager Report – Mr. Brad Roller
16. Road Superintendent Report – Mr. Wayne Anderson
a. Accept the Emergency/Off-Schedule Report
17. Solid Waste Superintendent Report – Mr. Robin Sessions
18. Financial Report (report includes budget to actual comparisons for all funds)
19. Engineering Report – Mr. Paul Riley, The Riley Co. of Louisiana
20. Consider and approve Ordinance #2023-09-01 giving Westrock a sales tax exemption for the remainder of the Woodyard project starting on September 1, 2023.
21. Consider and Approve the Issuance of the Quietus on the 2022 Tax Roll.
22. Consider and act on upholding and affirming the 2023 tax assessment as presented by the Tax Assessor (roll call vote)
23. Consider and Approve the following FY 24/25LCDBG Program Policies and Resolutions: Citizen Participation Plan and Resolution and Procurement Policy and Resolution
24. Consider and act on Parish Board Appointments
Announcements & Notifications
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE