The Jackson Parish Police Jury will hold their regularly scheduled monthly meeting on Tuesday, January 17th at 5:30pm at the
Charles H. Garrett Community Center, located at 182 Industrial Drive in Jonesboro. The planned agenda for the meeting is as follows:
Call to Order
Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance
1. Adopt the minutes of the December 20, 2022, Jury Meeting, monthly purchase orders, and the payment of all bills
Approve Committee Reports:
2. Adopt the minutes of the January 11, 2023, Road Committee meeting
3. Consider and act on approving the 2023 Revised Asphalt Maintenance Plan.
4. Consider and act on approving the Annual Road Capital Improvements Policy and Priority Lists.
5. Consider and act on approving the Road Department’s improvement of approaches for 2 railroad crossings on Red Stewart Loop at a cost of $15,900.
6. Consider and act on approving Edko’s proposal totaling $79,248 for roadside spraying of parish roads.
7. Consider and act on approving the purchase of new excavator on State Contract for $189,200.
8. Operations Manager Report – Mr. Brad Roller
9. Road Superintendent Report – Mr. Jody Stuckey
a. Accept the Emergency/Off-Schedule Report
10. Solid Waste Superintendent Report – Mr. Robin Sessions
11. Financial Report – Mr. Emmett Gibbs
(report includes budget to actual comparisons for all funds)
12. Engineering Report – Mr. Paul Riley, The Riley Co. of Louisiana
13. Consider and act on Parish Board Appointments
14. Presentation of 2023 Police Jury Committee Members
15. Jackson Parish Hospital update from Mr. John Morgan, Administrator.
16. Consider and act on adopting a resolution authorizing the 2023 President and Vice President signatures be added to the signature cards for bank accounts at Jonesboro State Bank and authorize co-signatures with the Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerks in the absence of the Secretary-Treasurer
17. Consider and act on giving approval of the use of the Community Center to the Administrative Office.
18. Consider and act on hiring HGA for storm damage reimbursement.
19. Consider and act on complying with assurances for the Uniform Relocation Assistance & Real Property Acquisition Act.
20. Consider and act on accepting the resignation of a Road Department Mechanic.
21. Consider and act on approving setup pay for Maintenance Supervisor position.
Announcements & Notifications
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact Emmett Gibbs, Secretary/Treasurer at (318)259-2361 Ext. 3 describing the assistance that is necessary.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE